Full day mindfulness awareness workshops
In the month of June, working for Unite to deliver a full day mindfulness awareness session in Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Hull offices. Union reps discovering how mindfulness is one of the corners stones of good mental health, with skills to help with decision making and developing capacity to relate to ourselves and others in more productive way. Fantastic people to work with and a pleasure to read their feedback.
"WHAT DID YOU FIND MOST USEFUL?" - SHEFFIELD, LEEDS, HULL, NEWCASTLE
- All of it. I knew nothing about mindfulness at all an have found the day very interesting and useful and will definitely use the techniques myself going forward and will recommend to my colleagues.
- How you can be helped when you are in a situation that can be stressful.
- Help in how to practice - the science and reasons why is it beneficial - focus.
- Understanding how I use mindfulness personally and in work, I am on the right track.
- To think more of myself.
- Understand the soothing aspect to dealing with and re-addressing against threats in work and helping others in the Union.
- Practical techniques - Sharing of ideas - Body scan - The breathing technique.
- Learning how to self reflect.
- To sit quietly and listen to my body, breathing, sounds etc. To give myself a M.O.T.
- How to use meditation to calm myself down and keep in control of my emotions.Relaxed and easily relateable.
- Relaxed atmosphere, participants willing to share and listen.
- It gave me strategies to practice which will help me both in waking hours and aid my disturbed sleep.